Wednesday 9 July 2014


TOP 5 WEDNESDAY- TOP BOOKS BOOKTUBE/BOOK BLOGS MADE ME READ
Link to the Goodreads group if you would like to join J
https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/118368-top-5-wednesday
 
5. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
When I first heard about this series I didn’t really have a big urge to go read it. After I started to get into book blogging/vlogging though I heard everyone talking about it and really wanted to find out what the fuss was about so I decided to pick up the first book. I was actually really surprised to find that I really enjoyed the entire series especially the latest books and I’m really glad that I actually picked up this series.
 
 
4. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
I was actually really late to hear about this series and only really heard lots about it just before Never Fade came out. By then I heard what the story was about and was super interested in it. Again I’m super glad I picked up this book since it really was fantastic!

3. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
So I’m actually currently reading this series at the moment. I’ve currently almost finished Crown of Midnight. Again I heard about this series quite late (like the end of last year) and I didn’t really know much about it except the main character was very bad-ass. But I had only heard really good things about this series so when I saw the book at my local bookstore I picked it up straight away which at the time was probably a bad decision but I’m definitely not regretting it now!
2. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
As well as the massive hype for the movie, everyone on booktube/book blogs seemed to be talking about this book and absolutely raving about it. So I decided to pick up this book before watching the movie even though I wasn’t entirely sure whether would like it or not since I’m not really a fan of historical fiction. I ended up liking it but not loving it. It may though just be because of the time I read it so I do plan on red-reading this soon one day probably when I’m a bit older though.
 
 
1. Stephanie Perkins Books

I’m pretty sure Stephanie Perkin books are the most talked about and recommended books on booktube/ book blogs. At first I was hesitant to read them because of the cheesy title but eventually after literally everyone recommending them to me I gave in. So I read Lola earlier this year and enjoyed it but didn’t really love it as much as everyone else did. So at first I was a little hesitant to pick up Anna but from more recommendations from the online bookish community, as well as one of my friends who had since read the book, I decided I would read Anna. So I picked it up last month and ended up surprisingly enjoying it a lot more than Lola. It was still quite annoying and frustrating at times but still just adorable just the same. I am currently highly anticipating Isla and the Happily Ever After and have already read the first 50 pages online and am completely in love with it! I am so excited for Isla to come out and am extremely jealous of everyone who received an ARC.

No comments:

Post a Comment