Wednesday 3 September 2014

If I Stay Book Review


If I Stay follows the story of a 17 year old girl called Mia. Mia is a quiet and shy but a very talented cello player. SO far Mia’s life has been going very well. She has a close friend, a great boyfriend and a supportive loving family to back her up. That is until she and her family are in a tragic car accident. In the accident both Mia’s parents are killed while her younger brother suffers fatal injuries while Mia gets put into a coma. While she is in a coma she has an out of body experience where she can witness her family and friends reactions to the accident. She soon learns that she has to make an important decision on whether she wants to keep living and continue her life without or if she would rather fade away and die.

I recently re-read this book after reading it for the first time in October last year. While getting excited for the movie I realised how little of the book I could remember. This then lead to me picking this book up. Overall I really enjoyed it and found it a very moving story, which may have made me shed a few tears. I really liked how the writing style of the author and the way she set out the book. The book was set in current time but a major part of the book were flash-blacks which showed her past life as well as the relationships with her family and friends which loosely related to what was currently happening. I also really liked learning about all of Mia’s relationships in the books. They were all done very well and were made very realistic so that you couldn’t help but love the people that she loved. I especially loved Mia’s relationships with her family though, specifically her parents.

Overall I loved this book and would recommend to everyone, but please be warned, there is a very high chance that you will cry! I’m also really looking forward to watching the movie, hopefully very soon so stay tuned for my thoughts on the movie! :)

1 comment:

  1. This book is awesome! Oh, can I just say how much I love that TID quote for your blog description. Can I just. Anyway, great post!

    ReplyDelete